· Here are all 7 video lessons from Courses 1, 2, 3, and 4 on a single page: literally 4 years of regular verbs in about 1 hour!
· The video lessons were designed to be spread out over several weeks. Each video includes a review of the previous, and that repetition will be very noticeable if you watch them in one sitting, especially the first 3.
VIDEO LESSON #1
INTRODUCTION & PLAN
· Spanish verbs can be grouped into 2 main categories based on how the endings are spelled. In this program, the different spelling patterns will always be color-coded as blue or green.
· Have you taken some Spanish before? Do you remember putting verbs in 3 categories? You'll see that 2 of them overlap so much that they can be combined into one.
VIDEO LESSON #2
5 SIMPLE FORMS
· If you've taken Spanish before, you've probably been trained to think of the infinitive of the verb (the noun form of the verb in Spanish) as a starting point. This is indeed the form you'll find listed in the dictionary, but you won't be using a dictionary in Course 1.
· This program is designed to make you think more like a native and break from the clunky and unnatural "conjugate-the-infinitive" paradigm.
· You will not see any infinitives in Course 1. If you feel lost or confused without seeing the infinitive, that is a sure sign that you are not thinking like a native speaker.
VIDEO LESSON #3
4 COMPOUND FORMS
VIDEO LESSON #4
MAKING VERBS PLURAL
· It's easy to take a noun like "taco" and make it plural: just add the suffix "-S" to turn one "taco" into two or more "tacos".
· This week you'll see that it's just as easy and intuitive to make most verb forms plural simply by adding a one-letter suffix, but it isn't "-S"!